Spring Brings Fun Festivals to Myrtle Beach Social Calendar
Guests at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort can experience the fun and comfort of staying and playing at the popular resort while also taking in all of the spring festivities. Here's a guide to help you plan your trip so that you can attend as many Myrtle Beach spring festivals as possible:
* April 20-22, Myrtle Beach Food Truck Festival: Come hungry for great food, drink and entertainment at this three-day shindig in the downtown district. Dozens of food trucks and thousands of people gather at the old Pavilion site to eat, drink and be happy. Food options range from fresh seafood and sushi to traditional burgers and pizza.
* April 20-29, Horry County Fair: Myrtle Beach Speedway is the home of this annual event that brings the county together for amusement rides, fair food and live entertainment. The Battle of the Bands highlights the musical lineup, and this year's thrill ride lineup promises to be the biggest yet.
* April 20-29, SOS Spring Safari: Slip on your dancing shoes and get ready to shag the days and nights away on the seashore in North Myrtle Beach, the home of the official state dance, the Carolina shag. Thousands return to the Ocean Drive district where they grew up dancing to beach music during their spring break days. Dance clubs like Fat Harold's, OD Pavilion and the Spanish Galleon hold events all week long.
* April 28-29, Wings Over Myrtle Beach: Look to the skies for some high-flying entertainment at this air show at the Myrtle Beach International Airport. The two-day festival includes fleets of historic and modern aircraft. The headline act is the U.S. Navy's famed Blue Angels, which will perform breathtaking stunts and formations.
* May 5, Burrofest: Celebrate Cinco de Mayo in true Myrtle Beach style at Fiesta del Burro Loco. The all-day and night festivities include a 5K run, live music and lots of Mexican food and beverages. This event keeps growing every year, and this one s the first since the restaurant underwent major renovations to make more room for a bigger party.
* May 12, Mayfest on Main: North Myrtle Beach hosts one big street party to celebrate spring and the beach music that makes the beach town move. The town blocks off Main Street so visitors can bring their beach chairs and dance on Ocean Drive while live music plays at the Horseshoe stage. Arts and crafts vendors set up along Main Street and adjoining McLean Park has kids' activities and family fun.
* May 19-20, World Famous Blue Crab Festival: Head up to Little River, SC, for the 37th annual celebration of the Grand Strand's favorite crustacean - the blue crab. Thousands descend on this tiny fishing village to taste deviled crab, crab cakes, crab legs and other dishes, as well as listen to live music, shop at the vendor tents, and dance in the streets of the historic waterfront district.
* May, Military Appreciation Days: The City of Myrtle Beach goes all out for our military veterans and service members with this month-long festival. Events include the May 26 Military Appreciation Days Parade & Picnic at The Market Common, and the May 28 Remembrance Ceremony at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center.
Summer will be here before you know it, so don’t let spring slip away without hitting the Myrtle Beach festival scene. Book your plans to stay at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort this spring and get ready to party.Back to All Resort News