Motor City Musical Headlines Lineup at the GTS Theater
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina is more than 800 miles from Detroit, Michigan, but the Sun Fun Capital also offers a small taste of the Motor City at the GTS Theater.
Located near The Market Common on the south side of Myrtle Beach, only a short drive from Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort, the GTS Theater offers big-time entertainment in an intimate venue, including the popular Motown Tribute shows.
Playing five nights a week, the Motor City Musical features top entertainers performing toe-tapping renditions of your favorite artists from the golden age of Motown.
Featuring hits from the 1960s and '70s, including award-winning artists like Marvin Gaye (“Ain't No Mountain High Enough”, “Mercy Mercy Me” and “I Heard It Through the Grapevine”, “Aretha Franklin (“Respect”, “Natural Woman” and “Chain of Fools”), and Otis Redding (“The Dock of the Bay”, These Arms of Mine”, and “A Change is Gonna Come”).
The Motor City Musical also features some of the top Motown super groups over the decades, complete with choreographed dance steps and soulful harmonies. Tribute acts include The Temptations (“My Girls”, “Just My Imagination” and “Papa was a Rollin' Stone”) and the Jackson 5 (“I Want You Back”, Dancing Machine” and “Never Can Say Goodbye”).
Add in some Gladys Knight, Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross and Martha and the Vandellas and you've got a Motown showcase that will have you dancing in the isles like the first time you heard these unforgettable tunes. If you somehow manage to stay in your seat for the entire performance, the grand finale can get the most reluctant of dancers on their feet.
The Motor City Musical is just one of many shows you can catch at the GTS Theater during your Myrtle Beach vacation. Here's the lineup for this summer and beyond:
* Beach Party: The Carolina Shag, South Carolina's state dance, was founded on area beaches and still has a big following more than a half-century later. This two-hour show explores the early sound of the beach music genre, including The Tams, Chubby Checker and Percy Sledge. This family-friendly show is open to all ages.
* Michael Bairefoot: Mix a magic act with a comedy routine and you get Michael Bairefoot, America's top comedy magician. Prepare to both laugh and be amazed at this 1 1//2-hour spectacular, which is family-friendly and open to all ages.
* Neon Lights: Country music lovers can take a stroll down memory lane with this two-hour showcase. Featuring tributes to such famed country artists as Dolly Parton, Johnny Cash and Patsy Cline, Neon Lights also takes patrons up to more recent artists as Brooks & Dunn, Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood.
* Crazy Country Christmas: Debuting in November, this spoof on the traditional Christmas show features comedy routines and hilarious songs and scenes from the holidays, including “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer”, “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus” and “Leroy the Redneck Reindeer”. This all-ages showcase will have you laughing yourself into the holiday spirit.
* Community Fellowship Church: Looking for a change of pace from your worship services back at home? Every other Sunday, the GTS Theater opens its doors to the non-denominational Community Fellowship Church for a unique service led by charismatic pastor Brandon Frazier. All ages and faiths are welcome to attend.
The GST Theater is open seven days a week and features both adult and all-ages shows. Whether you are on a family vacation, couples retreat or friends weekend, guests a Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort can find a fun night out on the town under one roof at the GTS Theater. Check the schedule and book your tickets at www.gtstheater.com.Back to All Resort News