Get Ready for Hot Fun in the Summer Time in Myrtle Beach
Gusts at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort can enjoy the Atlantic Ocean, sandy beaches and the best water amenities in town right outside their doors and balconies, and they are in a prime location to experience all the fun, festivities, fireworks shows and free entertainment Myrtle Beach has to offer. Here's a sneak preview of what Myrtle Beach has in store for visitors in the summer of 2018:
* Concerts: The highlight of the summer music calendar is the Fourth Annual Carolina Country Music Fest (June 7-10), with headliners Luke Bryan, Toby Keith and the Zac Brown Band among the 30-plus bands rocking two stages in the downtown district. Myrtle Beach has also added another outdoor music festival on the former Pavilion site on July 14 for the Bud Light Getaway Concert Series, with country music crooner Sam Hunt and alt-rockers Dashboard Confessional already booked for the event.
* Festivals: It's going to be a hot summer on the Myrtle Beach festival scene, beginning with the Sun Fun Festival (June 1-3) in the downtown district. The Myrtle Beach Boardwalk hosts its annual Hot Summer Nights series, featuring free concerts, nightly entertainment and weekly fireworks shows over the ocean. Broadway at the Beach's Summer Nights at Broadway also offers free nightly entertainment and a bi-weekly pyrotechnics display. The highlight of the summer in Myrtle Beach is the Fourth of July, and there are numerous events held throughout the Grand Strand to celebrate America's birthday beach-style. The summer wraps up with the traditional Beach, Boogie & BBQ Festival at The Market Common (Aug. 31-Sept. 1).
* Fireworks: Look skyward on virtually any summer night in Myrtle Beach and there's a good chance you will see flashes of color exploding overhead. If you don't mind driving a little, you can see the high-tech pyrotechnics displays almost every night of the week. Check out the free fireworks shows at Barefoot Landing (June 4, 11, 18, 25, July 2, 4, 9, 16, 23, 30, Aug. 6, 13, 20, 27, and Sept. 1), Broadway at the Beach (June 5, 12, 19, 22, 26, 29, July 3, 4, 6, 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, 27, 31, Aug. 3, 7, 10, 14, 17, 21, 28, and Sept. 2), and the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk (dates TBA).
* Savings: Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort is making it more affordable for families to enjoy a summer vacation with us. Guests who book their reservations before April 15 can earn discounts ranging from 28 to 45 percent. That's money that can go a long way in your family vacation budget to enjoy all the great attractions, shopping, dining and entertainment Myrtle Beach is famous for providing. In fact, Compass Cove is offering even more savings on fun things to do around town as part of our Sun Fun Rewards package. Given to each party upon checking in, the Sun Fun Rewards packet includes one free ticket to Myrtle Waves Water Park, a free game of laser tag at the Fun Warehouse, complimentary rounds of putt-putt golf, and discounted tickets to Ripley's Aquarium for $19.95. Guests also receive free and unlimited DVD rentals.
* Summer Attractions: Myrtle Beach has plenty of year-round attractions to keep families busy, but the summertime takes it to the next level. Water parks (Myrtle Waves, Shark Wake Park, Wild Water & Wheels), amusement parks (Family Kingdom, Pavilion Nostalgia Park) and other water sports (parasailing, banana boats) kick it into high gear in the summer months.
Don’t miss a minute of the action this summer in Myrtle Beach, and Compass Cove gives you a front-row seat to the beach to all the fun and festivities. Book your summer vacation now and prepare to have a blast.Back to All Resort News